I did go to school for Marine Biology, but the cool thing is… the greatest thing for me is that Polynesians, our gods, Kahoali, Maui, all these water gods, so it’s really cool and a honor to be playing a [water] character. And there’s not too many brown superheroes, so I’m really looking forward to representing the Polynesians, the natives.
My family are some of the greatest water men on earth. I’m not, but I’m going to go train with them. But it’s really an honor just being a Polynesian. And water is the most important thing in this world and we all know it. It’s cool be a part of DC’s universe.Jason Momoa on getting to play Aquaman (via racialicious)
I looked like a mage today but I couldn’t properly document that.
YOUR FAVE IS PROBLEMATIC: Andrea Queerhawkeye
- Looks way too hot in selfies but lives like a million miles away
- Threatens litigation constantly
- Likes trashy boys
- Asks to talk to me about crossovers on Skype but logs out before telling me what
#one time she was in my dream and she was kind of a douchebag to me
#also posts sad headcanons that make you want to throw yourself under a bus
HI I HAVE LOTS OF QUESTIONS SORRY! If you could name someone what would it be and why? Favorite female (who has had the biggest impact on you)? Thoughts on Taylor Swift? Favorite flower? Do you like the snow or the beach? Turn-ons? Favorite historical quote? How do you like your coffee? What side of the bed do you sleep on? Favorite part of your body? Favorite book (besides Harry Potter please)? Favorite movie (that was a book and that wasn't a book)? What's your type? Waxing or shaving or none?
- I’m super bad with names in general but I really like the name Luca (not that my favorite OC is named Luca… at all…)
- Hard question! J.K. Rowling half raised me with her books; Alejandra Pizarnik got me through my teenage years, P!nk was a formative figure for me in a lot of ways, Beyoncé is my current role model.
- I’m still trying to decide how I feel about TSwift. I like her approach to her fans and she seems to be a really caring person who’s growing a lot. Also I feel like she’s bi as hell.
- My favorite flowers are jasmines but they make me sad.
- I love the beach but I’ve never been to a really cool snowy place, so I can’t really tell? I’m sure my love for water would overpower my love for cold any day.
- Hair-pulling, piercings, among other things.
- I had a quote from el Che I used to really like but I forgot what it was. I also stopped liking Che as a historical figure, LMAO. I’m bad with historical trivia.
- Strong and never ever with sugar, but I love coffee with a lot of cream.
- I have a single bed because I’m still not sure of how this ‘adulthood’ thing works.
- I really like by tits, TBH. They’re so small and soft and cute.
- I hate having to pick favorites, so it’s a good thing I have all of Pizarnik’s poetry in a single edition.
- My favorite movie that was a book would probably be… I Robot. I actually like it more than the book. I like anything that takes’ Asimov racist, misogynistic ideas and gives the lead to a kickass lady and a black man, really.
- My favorite movie that wasn’t a book, right now, is Attack the Block. I’ve seen it like twenty times already.
- I quit waxing like two years ago, shaving is so much easier and practical.
PS: I hope you have a great night, angel!
This Photo Series That Shows Adorable Kids As Latino Heroes Is Challenging All The Stereotypes
It’s this lack of positive representation for latinos that photographer Eunique Jones Gibson is seeking to address with her project, "Por Ellos, Sí Podemos." Gibson photographed 31 Latino kids ages 2 to 14 for an empowering series that pays tribute both to the trailblazers who broke ground for the community and to the kids who will one day pick up the reins.